Tuesday, October 13, 2009

An Interview | Studio MME


The next interviewee is very detailed and illustrates beautiful work. I am so excited to present her to you today!

What is your name?
Megan M. Eckman of Studio M.M.E.

Where are you located?
Fargo, ND

What is the name of your shop?
Studio MME

What is the shop address?
www.studiomme.etsy.com

Where else can we find you online?
Blog: http://studiomme.blogspot.com
Etsy: www.studiomme.etsy.com
Website (online portfolio): www.studiomme.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/studiomme



You have a great online presence. What is your art or craft and how long have you been creating?
I am a pen and ink illustrator who has been working toward a dual degree in English and Art. I have been drawing since early childhood and look forward to graduate school next year, where I will continue to hone my skills.

I love the detail in your drawings. What other things do you do besides creating?
When I'm not illustrating my own little stories, I'm writing middle-reader children's novels. I also go on little adventures with my grandmother's 60-year-old Kodak Duraflex camera. My boyfriend (a photographer) and I pretend we're time-traveling tourists with our antique machinery. Yes, we are nerds.

I love taking pictures with my old cameras too. There's just something nostalgic about the photographs. What inspires you?
I'm really inspired by patterns, especially that of wallpapers. I love anything Victorian or Edwardian and am addicted to stripes. Antique watches and clocks also fascinate me.


I love that your style is seems old world and like a fairy tale. Are there any artists that inspire you?
Unfortunately, most of the artists I adore are deceased: Edward Gorey, Gustav Klimt, and Charles Gibson. I also really enjoy the work of Maurice Sendak and Lizbeth Zwerger.

What are five words that describe you?
Meticulous, Organized, Youthful, Imaginative, Comedic


Would you be interested in offering a special discounts to the GiDu Design blog readers?
Megan is offering 10% to Gidu readers! Just use the code "GIDU" in the notes to seller at the time of your purchase. Thanks!

Thank you so much for sharing with us today! It was so nice to get to know you.

I am always looking for artists and designers to interview! If you are interested in having an interview on Gidu Design, please click here for more details.

Share

2 comments:

  1. Beauiful work! I think Megan's description of herself describes her artwork perfectly too!
    namaste
    elsie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you!! She is so talented!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I appreciate your comments and they brighten my day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails