Tuesday, September 8, 2009

An Interview | Dave Koen


I am so pleased to share this interview that I had with photographer Dave Koen.

Where are you located?
Denton, TX

What is the name of the shop?
Dave Koen Photography

What is the shop address?
http://davekoen.etsy.com/

Please list any URLS of where readers can find you
For more information about me, as well as photographs that are not seen in my Etsy shop, visit the following links:
My blog: davekoen.com
Twitter: twitter.com/davekoen




What is your art or craft and how long have you been creating?
I am a photographer from Cleveland, Ohio. I recently relocated to Denton, Texas where I will continue to practice photography as I have for the past three years.

I noticed that your shop has many images from Cleveland. What other things do you do besides creating?
I am a musician, a web designer, a blogger, and a critic.

What inspires you?
I've got a strong attraction to my hometown, and that is clearly reflected in the work I have made over the past three years. I'm also extremely influenced by local music and the musicians with whom I play. If I am not photographing city facades, I am busy photographing the city's performers.

It seems like you have a great array of clients. I really like your urban/carnival scenes. Are there any artists that inspire you?
For as many photos as I take, I am swayed by very few photographers. I find myself drawn to city architects, such as the Van Sweringen brothers and Frank Gehry, as inspirations. I've never been one to practice sculpture, but the works of Christo and Jeanne-Claude provide great photographic material. Also, web designer and photographer Peter Baker excites me, as he is more of a portrait photographer than I am.



What are five words that describe you?
Indecisive, Quiet, Particular, Well-Mannered, and Mild-Tempered.

Would you be interested in offering a special discounts to the GiDu Design blog readers?
I am willing to give a 10% discount and free shipping to all GiDu Design blog readers, valid for one week after the feature. After placing the order, enter "GIDU " in a message to the seller.

Wow! Thank you so much Dave, for sharing with us today. Your photography work is truly stunning.

I am always looking for new designers and artists to interview. If you are interested in being interviewed on Gidu Design, please click here to fill out the interview submission form.

Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I appreciate your comments and they brighten my day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails